A long time ago, when Firefox was still the blue-eyed boy of the web browser industry RedFly released an add-on that enabled you to see Google search result pages (SERP) with respect to different countries. It instantly became popular because it really made it easy for online marketers and web designers by letting them see Google search result pages (SERP) from different countries all with a click of a button.
Google Global Â not only made it easy to see how search pages looked in different countries but it also let you customize it to particular country, city, IP address.
It not only gives you a high-level overview of how your websites performs in other countries but also lets you see how your website looks from your clients point-of-view.
Suppose, you’re based in San Franscisco and you have an SEO/PPC client based in Seattle, Washington you can now check how the results look as if you were sitting there with them!
Let me show you how the extension looks and works -
1. First, search for any term on Google and then click on the Google Global extension on the task bar. Here we search for the keyword “movie reviews“. The page shown is the usual Google.com (US) result page.
2. Choose a country from which you want to see the search engine result pages (SERP)
3. There is no number 3! Its that simple!
Tips for Power Users -
1. Click on the Google Global extension >> Show Options…
2. You can also enable/disable personalized Google results
3. Select default SERP language
4. One of the best feature is you can also Turn On AdTest. When you turn AdTest on you won’t generate impressions for your AdWords ads! This is amazing if you’re a PPC agency because you don’t have to login into AdWords for the tool.
5. You can also add countries at your will which provides more flexibility without remembering the country-level TLD
It’s one of the most useful Chrome extensions if you’re a blogger, SEO/PPC expert or even a web designer! So go download this awesome extension from my friends at RedFly – they’re great at what they do.